CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2018 Syllabus Previous Paper: CBSE 2018 new Scheme has come for the CBSE 10th Class exam pattern & Syllabus. Candidates can check here for the Latest CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2018 with exam syllabus. CBSE Will be conducting a new single annual exam. CBSE 2018 10th class exam will be conducted in the month of march. Upcoming Aspirants shall have the CBSE 10th New exam pattern 2018 & Syllabus to score good marks in Exams. According to Government board For the students, the exam of the 10th board is compulsory now. There are changes made either by the introduction of CCE pattern or the elimination of boards.
2018 CBSE 10th Class Exam Pattern
CBSE has introduced two section scheme i.e CCE pattern and the term system have been replaced by a single annual exam. Hence, there will be only two section. One section consisting of 80 marks and the other consisting of 20 marks. There are some points for the upcoming 2018 Students who will be giving the CBSE board 10th Class exam 2018.
- The student has to secure 33% marks out of 80 in each subject. In the internal assessment, the student has to secure 33% marks out of overall 20 marks in each subject.
- And the other is subjects, Science, Mathematics, Social Science, the Board will conduct Class 10th Boards for 80 marks in each subject covering 100% syllabus of the subject of Class X only. Grades will be awarded for individual subjects just like old times.
As for the internal assessment, the 10 marks is for the Periodic Test, 5 marks is for Notebook Submission, 5 marks for speaking and listening skills, practical lab work for subjects like Science, maths lab practical, map work and project work for social science subjects. Other activities like Health & Physical Education, Art education & Work Education will be graded on a 5-point scale (A-E).
CBSE Class 10 New Syllabus 2018-19 Subject Wise
|B||Writing Skills with Grammar||30|
|C||Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text||30|
Section A – Reading Skills
- Factual passage 300-350 words with eight Very Short Answer Type (VSA) Questions. (8 marks)
- Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four Short Answer Type Questions of eight marks to test inference, evaluation and analysis and four VSA to test vocabulary and comprehension. (12 marks)
Section B – Writing & Grammar
- Formal Letter (Complaints / Inquiry / Placing order / letter to the editor) in about 100-120 words. (8 marks)
- Short Story based on given outline in About 200-250 Words.
- Modals (have to/had to, must, should, need, ought to and their negative forms)
- Use of passive voice
- Subject – verb Concord
(i) Commands and requests
(i) Noun clauses
(ii) Adverb clauses of condition and time
(iii) Relative clauses
Preposition & Reordering of Sentence.
Section C – Literature
- One out of two extracts from prose/poetry / play for reference to context. Four Very Short Answer Questions: Two questions of one mark each for global comprehension and two questions of one mark each on interpretation. (4 marks)
- Four Short Answer type Questions from the Literature Reader to test local and global comprehension of theme and ideas (30-40 words each) (8 marks)
- One out of two long answer type questions to assess how the values inherent in the text have been brought out. Creativity, imagination, and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts will be assessed. (100-120 words). (8 marks)
- One out of two Very Long Answer Question on theme or plot involving interpretation, inference, and character, in about 200-250 words based on prescribed novel text for extended reading. (10 marks)